CH05 The Art of Closing for Real Estate Champions by Tom Hopkins. The most misunderstood art form in our business of selling is closing. You must realize you cannot teach it unless you have done a lot of it. How many salespeople have gone to a seminar where the trainer is teaching goal setting and he or she doesn’t have any? You have to do before you can teach. It’s critical.
- The Art of Closing a Sale
- A salesperson with a powerful personality is the most essential part of the company, and they need to be intensely goal oriented and determined. In order to sell anything successfully, you do not just have to develop the capability to smoothly engage with your targeted potential clients, but you also need to have confidence on the effectiveness, competitiveness and value of what you are selling. Closing techniques are as varied as the sales professionals employing them. Let’s discuss the most effective tips to close a sale effectively.
- Define the Ideal Prospect A professional salesperson has the ability of convincing the prospects and converts their “no” into a “yes”. For that, you must know the prospect’s interest and what inspires them. You must understand the product or service, its features, and limitations from your prospect’s view point and not your own, which is only possible if you put yourself in the potential customers’ shoes.
- Leads Generation A target customer is your “ideal client” with high potential. While it is important to use all types and channels of lead generation, you must be sure of who the audience is and what it seeks. Lead generation is all about attracting the right prospects, and getting them involved in conversation. Today we see cold sales calling and sales team efforts gradually ebbing away into the past and being replaced by internet. It has become the most convenient way of sales. The first thing a customer does is check the website to know more about the company and the product/services it offers. If the information lacks, prospect’s enthusiasm fades away and often this opportunity is missed when the prospect shifts to a competitors’ website.
- Team Selection A vital role is played by the people handling the leads. Your sales team must be able to answer prospects’ questions and concerns, and must provide the best advice, to develop a long lasting relationship. The organization must gather those energetic people who not only have brand knowledge, but can also easily convince the prospects through their negotiation skills. At Hollywood Tans, a team of such determined and energetic people are not referred to as salespeople, they are the business development team.
- Relationship Building We are aware that acquiring clients is about more than just a sales call. The most important part is building positive rapport. In simple terms, people will respond better to someone they know, like and trust. The team must always be available for the clients and communicate through all means well enough to make them comfortable. A personal touch can make a huge difference, but nowadays the human to human connection seems lost due to these electronic methods of communication. However, the sales people should be effective enough to follow up by sending a thank-you note, an email, or placing a phone call.
- Attract Through Your Infrastructure An efficient way of impressing your client is by showcasing the infrastructure. Show them the details of the organization, the size of the staff and the organizational power. Adding details of the headquarters with pictures will ensure them that it is well-made on solid footing. These detailing will motivate and urge them to close the deal.
- Keep It Short You must try to keep the closing period short. To reduce the risk of sale lingering, you must work within a fair and brief timeframe. This keeps your clients motivated.
- Benchmarking & Tracking The ultimate business goals must be kept in mind and benchmarks must be established accordingly. To achieve these goals, your team must be organized, and motivated enough to reach the goal in order to increase the efficiency of work, resulting into effective usage of time and efforts.
- The Coaching Process In order to close the deal, giving a good response to these aspiring prospects is necessary. Continuous follow ups are necessary to develop a strong relationship and getting timely knowledge of their changing requirements. Give them the best guidance and advice throughout the sales process, and make sure to provide top notch after sales services.